Pros & Cons of Metal Roofing in Winston-Salem, NC
Choosing a roofing material might be difficult if you don’t know much about them. There are many different types of roofs such as shingles, metal, and clay roofs. Metal roofs are among some of the most common types of roofs that people choose so we decided to do an in-depth look at metal roofing.
We’ll go over the pros and cons of the roof and give you as much information as possible to choose if metal roofing is best for you. Our roofing company in Winston-Salem, NC provides up to date information for homeowners.
Pros and Cons of Metal Roofing
If you’re contemplating hiring a roofing company in Winston-Salem NC and are looking through roofing types, then you’re in the right spot. There are a lot of aspects to look at when it comes to metal roofing and like every other roofing material, it comes with many pros and cons. Whether or not metal roofing is the best option is completely up to you, but knowing the benefits and possible downfalls of metal roofs can help you make that decision.
Pros of Metal Roofs:
– Lifespan: Metal roofs last an extremely long time and this is one of the top reasons people choose them. Metal roofs can actually last between 40 and 70 years, while other roofing types such as asphalt shingles only last up to 20 years.
– Energy Efficiency: Metal roofs are actually energy efficient and energy saving. This is because the metal reflects light and heat making your home much cooler, which saves on your energy.
– Durability: Metal roofs are very durable and can last through many different climates and will withstand up to 140mph winds. They also do not corrode or crack and they’re very weather resistant.
– Low Maintenance: These roofs are easily installed and require low maintenance. They don’t have a tendency to leak or become weak, making them last.
– Fire Resistance: Metal roofs are actually fireproof which makes them perfect for those who live in areas where wildfires are common.
– Stylish: Metal roofs are more stylish than some other types of roofing materials. It looks sleek and can work for many different roof types.
Cons of Metal Roofs:
– Affordability: Metal roofs are the most expensive type of roofing material, but the long lifespan comes with a price tag. However, it’s important to note that you may pay double what you would for metal roofing than you would for another type of roofing material.
– Noisiness: Metal roofs don’t block out much noise at all. The metal also makes for an extra loud noise if something falls onto the roof such as rain or hail.
– Susceptible to Staining, etc: Metal roofs can get stained or tainted, which might not make for a very visually appealing roof. They also are able to get dented if something falls onto them that is heavy enough.
How Much Does A Metal Roof Cost?
If you decide to contact a roofing company in Winston-Salem NC for metal roofing then you might want to know about the pricing first. We mentioned that metal roofing is a bit more expensive, but how expensive? Metal roofs can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $16,000 which makes the average about $10,500 for a metal roof. Typically roofing companies charge by the square foot and this ranges from $7 to $14 per square foot for metal roofing.
There are different types of metal roofs such as aluminum, steel, and iron roofs. These all vary in price depending on their quality, longevity, and overall durability. For example, an iron roof will be more experienced than an aluminum roof.
There are a few different factors that go into metal roofing and how the company prices it. Let’s look at the factors that determine the cost of your metal roof.
– The material used on the roof itself such as metal, clay, or asphalt shingles
– The labor or manpower needed to complete the job
– The accessibility and overall difficulty of your roof replacement
– The size of your roof (the larger the roof the more expensive)
– Removal of the old roof
Should You Get Metal Roofing?
If you are in the market to get a new roof then a metal roof might be the best one for you. Looking at the pros and cons will help you to decide if metal roofing is for you. Metal roofing is durable, long lasting, visibly appealing, weather resistant, and energy saving. However, the price point is quite high and it does let out some noise which might not be ideal for some homeowners.
Overall, metal roofing is a really great choice. If you’re ready to get your new roof installed then be sure to contact a roofing company in Winston-Salem MA. These companies are filled with professionals who can install your roof perfectly in order to achieve maximum lifetime and no problems at all.