How To Keep Wasps Away From Your Home
Wasps can be a real nuisance, especially when they decide to build their nests near your home. Not only are they a potential danger to you and your family, but they can also attract other pests, such as ants and flies. So, how can you keep wasps away from your home? What do you do if there is a wasp infestation? Lakewood Pest Control can help, but there are also some things that you can do yourself to keep wasps away.
The dangers of wasps
While wasps may seem like nothing more than pesky insects, they can actually be quite dangerous. Wasps are attracted to sweet smells, which is why they are often seen hovering around picnic areas and trash cans. However, if a wasp feels threatened, it will not hesitate to sting.
A wasp sting can be extremely painful, and in some cases, it can even cause an allergic reaction. Wasps are known to be aggressive, and they will often attack in groups if they feel threatened. It is important to be cautious when near wasps, and to avoid disturbing their nests. Call a professional pest control agency like Pest Control Lakewood to deal with the problem.
Tips to keep wasps away from your home
If you’re looking for ways to keep wasps away from your home, there are a few things you can try.
- First, make sure there aren’t any food sources that would attract them. This means keeping food covered and cleaning up any crumbs or spills right away.
- Secondly, wasps are attracted to sweet smells, so it’s best to avoid using strongly scented products near your home.
- Finally, you can also try hanging strips of paper or plastic around your property, as wasps are less likely to build nests in areas that are well-lit and exposed.
What to do if you have a wasp infestation?
Wasps can be a big nuisance, and an infestation can be difficult to get rid of. If you find yourself dealing with wasps, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them.
- Use wasp traps- You can buy these traps at most hardware stores, or you can make your own using a container, some sweet liquid, and a little bit of vinegar.
- Try and locate the nest- Once you’ve located the nest, you can either call an exterminator or try to destroy it yourself. Be sure to exercise caution when approaching the nest, as wasps can be aggressive when defending their territory.
Wasps can be a real danger to you and your family, so it’s important to be aware of ways to keep them away. By following the tips in this article, you can help to prevent wasps from taking up residence near your home.